Saturday, August 11, 2007

Botswana/Zambia

Here are a few pics of a 4x4 trip my dad and I did last year up to Botswana and Zambia. It was amazing, everything from the remote locations to wildlife to the local people. The people in Botswana and Zambia are extremely friendly despite having very little. A trip up there really humbles one, and makes you grateful for what you have.
This picture is of a guy called 'Salt'. He's a legend and really fits the phrase "Salt of the earth".


I woke up early the one morning to be greeted by this sunrise. It was a little nerve-racking being all alone while taking this with wild animals around.

The Road in Moremi. From the Gate of the park to camp was 42Km, it took us just under 8hours to get there.






While staying in Moremi on the Okavango Delta, a Huge Male Elephant came through the camp, no fences, no rangers. At one point he was about 3 metres away from me, it was one of the most awesome and scariest experiences of my entire life.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See your taking the blog thing serious, I like it.Keep them coming. Botswana & Zambia - heaven going into Africa.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures! The Victoria Falls is just amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I don't know if you remember, but we met at the video premeire at the Rondebosch Bowl in October. I was on a study abroad/travel adventure from the US. I have a few photos on my site, not quite up to the quality of yours though. I have plans to have my regular updates when I get more organized... Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

yup here's the site--> www.snapflux.com

Anonymous said...

Impressive shots. The portrait of Salt has so much character and your lighting really brings it all out. You also did really well to frame and compose the crocodile/buck shot. Good work bro